Residential Trash Service
Click here to view a map for trash collection area and days.
Click here for a Recyclables List
Trash Service and Curbside recycling services are available to all Kearney residential customers except apartment dwellers.
In order to ensure proper pick-up, we do ask a few things from you...
- All refuse must be placed at the curb by 7:00 a.m. on your collection day.
- Trash must be placed in the carts provided by Republic Services.
Republic will pick up old container(s) if placed at the curb and clearly marked as "trash".
- Should you find that you are consistently having more trash than what fits in the cart, please contact Republic Services at 816.254.1470.
- Please call Customer Service at (816) 254-1470 to report missed collection.
Contrary to the information sheet, it is unnecessary to call Customer Service to set up a recycling account unless a recycling cart was not received.
- If you need to place an order for an additional cart, please contact the Kearney City Hall at (816) 628-4142.
What you may put out:
We can pick up standard household garbage, including food waste and cloth, broken down boxes as long as it is contained within your specially designed cart. NO YARD WASTE may be mixed with trash.
How to put it out:
Make sure your trash is placed at the curb by 7:00 AM on your collection day.
Republic will empty the cart using trucks that are equipped with an articulating arm. This arm will grasp and quickly empty the cart into the truck and then return your cart to its original position. All of this is done without the operator ever having to leave the cab. This operation is performed quicker and safer than traditional manual collection methods.
- Please make sure the cart has at least 4 feet of clearance from mailboxes, parked cars, etc. and that the handle is facing the residence.
- Also, please make sure your cart lid is closed -- this will keep any trash from spilling out into the roadway while dumping.
- If you recycle, please leave a 4ft clearance between the cart and recycle bin.
Please use plastic bags to contain your trash within the cart. This will prevent loose trash from escaping both the cart and the truck.
Heavy Trash Pick-Up
Fall and Spring Bulk Pick-Up Days will continue to be scheduled at no cost to City residents.
If you have a heavy or bulky item (ie. household furniture, bicycles, etc.) for pick up at other times, please call customer service at least 72 hours prior to your normal pick up day, 816-254-1470
Prior arrangements are required.
Refrigerators, air conditioners, and household appliances require special handling and therefore we are unable to take them without special consideration.
There is NO trash collection in your area on the following holidays: Memorial Day, Labor Day, July 4th, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day. Trash collection will be delayed one day for the remainder of the week.
If the holiday falls on a weekend, your collection day will not change.
Recycling for Businesses
Business can also contract directly with Allied Waste for recycling services as part of the City's contract. For more info, call Republic Services at 816.254.1470.
Drop-Off Recycling Center
The curbside recycling program is supplemented with a drop-off recycling program. Residents can dispose of their recyclables at the City's Recycling Center. Click here for more information.
The same materials that can be recycled curbside can be disposed of at the drop-off Center.
Single Stream Recycling
Your recycling is collected in a combined or mixed fashion. Paper and containers are collected together.
Since there is no need to separate, recycle materials can be placed into your bin without regard to paper or containers. You no longer need to segregate paper in your bin. Add materials to your bin as generated.
What can I recycle?
The 65-gallon cart should be placed at the curb for pick-up the same day as trash collection. If you do not already have a cart, one can be delivered by calling Republic Services at 816.254.1470.
Helpful Recycling Hints
- Flatten plastic, tin and aluminum containers if you need more room in the bin.
- Rinse all containers. It's okay to leave paper labels on plastic bottles and cans.
- Recycle only rinsed plastic bottles and jugs with necks and a #1 or #2 label on the bottom.
- Remove lids and rings from bottles.
- Make sure all materials, including magazines, catalogues, ad inserts, phone books and brochures, and all items accepted curbside, are placed inside the bin and it is at the curb by 7:00 am on your collection day.
Republic Services, Inc.
DBA Allied Waste Services of Kansas City
1220 S Brookside Ave.
Independence, MO 64052