Please click on the link below for Recycling Tips.
Recycling in Kearney
Click here for a Recyclables List
Recycling for Businesses
Business can also contract directly with Allied Waste for recycling services as part of the City's contract. For more info, call Republic Services at 816.254.1470.
Drop-Off Recycling Center
The curbside recycling program is supplemented with a drop-off recycling program. Residents can dispose of their recyclables at the City's Recycling Center. Click here for more information.
The same materials that can be recycled curbside can be disposed of at the drop-off Center.
Residential Single Stream Recycling
Your recycling is collected in a combined or mixed fashion. Paper and containers are collected together.
Since there is no need to separate, recycle materials can be placed into your bin without regard to paper or containers. You no longer need to segregate paper in your bin. Add materials to your bin as generated.
What can I recycle?
The 65-gallon cart should be placed at the curb for pick-up the same day as trash collection. If you do not already have a cart, one can be delivered by calling Republic Services at 816.254.1470.
Helpful Recycling Hints
- Flatten plastic, tin and aluminum containers if you need more room in the bin.
- Rinse all containers. It's okay to leave paper labels on plastic bottles and cans.
- Recycle only rinsed plastic bottles and jugs with necks and a #1 or #2 label on the bottom.
- Remove lids and rings from bottles.
- Make sure all materials, including magazines, catalogues, ad inserts, phone books and brochures, and all items accepted curbside, are placed inside the bin and it is at the curb by 7:00 am on your collection day.